About the Department
With the blessing of Lord Almighty, the Department of Computer Applications (BCA) was started in the year 1998 and the M. Sc. [IT] department was started in the year 2001 with an aim of providing conducive ambience for learning Management & Career oriented subjects, keeping in view the changing trends in education. In the year 2009 the college has attained autonomous status which helped the department to introduce specialization subjects also came out with innovative papers to meet the current requirement of the industry. The department has always recorded a very high success rate. We are also proud of our alumni. Most of them are well placed in reputed organizations and hold key positions. Institutional training is also a part of academics which student undergoes every year to get exposure of the corporate world. The Department has been revising the syllabus regularly under the choice based system. Students every year take part in various cultural and extracurricular activities and win many prizes and bring laurels to the department and to the college.
- Imparting quality education, equipping students with latest tools and technologies of computer science to face in computer industry and society.
- To facilitate a conducive environment for post-graduate education in the field of Information technology and to produce graduates for global society with moral values.
- To provide the ambience for learning.
- To provide the team-sprit and leadership qualities.
- Strengthen the competence level in computer science through analytical learning.
- Enhance the entrepreneurship skills through Internship and Industrial Visit.
- To upgrade the knowledge in Information technology through latest technologies
- To equip them with technical and soft skills and make them employable
Best Practices of the Department
- The Department creates cultural cohesiveness which shares the values, ethics and right level of engagement
- Syllabus of the department is upgraded at par to the industry
- Induction programme is organized every year for the students
- Parents-Teachers Interaction is organized systematically
- MOU with IIT Bombay for spoken tutorial is part of the curriculum
- Encouraging students to attend NPTEL course organized by Government of India
- Organizing workshops and guest lectures on latest technologies and tools by inviting people from Industry
- Training on Soft skills & Professional Skills
- ICT based Teaching –Learning
- Student feedback system on Academic and Non-Academic Reforms
- Arranging Industrial Visit to understand the Organizational/Company’s working Scenario
To maintain discipline and to encourage professionalism, uniform dress code has been introduced from 2023-2024 academic year onwards to the first year and second year students. First year students have to come in uniform on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For second year students, they have to come in uniform on Monday and Friday.
Courses offered by the Department
- Information Technology
- Computer Applications (B.C.A.)
- Android Application Development
- 3D Animation
- Digital Media Publications
- Web Designing
- Industrial IoT
- Machine Learning Applications
- Advanced Python
Alumni Meet 2020
Seminar on Internet of Things 2020
EVS Trip 2020
Seminar on Information Security
Workshop on Big Data Analytics
Dated: 01-08-2019 & 02-08-2019
Workshop on SoftSkills
Dated: 26-09-2019 & 27-09-2019
Seminar on Big Data Analytics
Guest Lecture on Emerging Trends
Alumni Meet 2019
EVS Trip 2020
Faculty Development Program 2020
National Webinar 2020
Parents Teachers Meeting 2020
Seminar on Internet & Security 2020
|BCA Academic Activity 2019-2020
|M.Sc. IT Academic Activity 2019-2020
|M.Sc. IT Academic Activity 2020-2021
|BCA Annual Planner 2020-2021
|M.Sc. IT Annual Planner 2020-2021
|BCA Alumni Meet 2019-2020
|M.Sc. IT Alumni Meet 2019-2020
|Placement Record 2015-2021