Our quality policy, in keeping with the vision and mission of the college is to impart quality education to empower students with wisdom, to charge them with rich tradition and culture thereby invoking the self and make them pioneers in new avenues of learning and research and enabling them to participate in nation building, harmony and brotherhood through sustainable and collaborative efforts of management , faculty and parents and emerge as an institution in pursuit of excellence.
ROLE OF IQAC
- DGVC aims at continuous enhancement and sustenance of quality in higher education.
- IQAC in DGVC is a significant administrative body responsible for all quality matters.
- IQAC plays a crucial and significant role in maintaining quality standards in teaching, learning and evaluation.
- It is the prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities which are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in DGVC.
- IQAC aims to promote and determine quality related activities and issues through various programmes and activities such as seminars, workshops, symposia, conferences, panel discussions, feedbacks , academic and administrative audits , academic meetings and any such kind of event or programme for all the stakeholders of the institution.
Dr T Augustine Arul Prasad, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry obtained his UG and PG degrees from Loyola College (Autonomous), Chennai and PhD from Presidency College (Autonomous), Chennai and joined DGVC in the year 2009. He has published 21 research articles in peer reviewed journals and has Co-authored two books. He had completed one minor project from UGC and guiding students for M.Phil. and Ph.D. He had also served as camp officer for the ESE and coordinator for the student induction programs -SIP 2019 & 2020. He had served as the member of IQAC in the recent past and took charge as coordinator in the year 2019. He is also a member of NAAC committee, UGC Coordination Cell and Academic council of DGVC since 2019.