Our quality policy, in keeping with the vision and mission of the college is to impart quality education to empower students with wisdom, to charge them with rich tradition and culture thereby invoking the self and make them pioneers in new avenues of learning and research and enabling them to participate in nation building, harmony and brotherhood through sustainable and collaborative efforts of management , faculty and parents and emerge as an institution in pursuit of excellence.
ROLE OF IQAC
- DGVC aims at continuous enhancement and sustenance of quality in higher education.
- IQAC in DGVC is a significant administrative body responsible for all quality matters.
- IQAC plays a crucial and significant role in maintaining quality standards in teaching, learning and evaluation.
- It is the prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities which are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in DGVC.
- IQAC aims to promote and determine quality related activities and issues through various programmes and activities such as seminars, workshops, symposia, conferences, panel discussions, feedbacks , academic and administrative audits , academic meetings and any such kind of event or programme for all the stakeholders of the institution.
Dr. T. S. Prema, having 34 years of rich experience in collegiate service is working as Associate Professor & Head, PG & Research Department of Economics, Dwaraka Doss Goverdhan Doss Vaishnav College, Chennai 106. She has been the IQAC Coordinator of the college from September 2020 onwards. Dr.Prema was awarded with Doctorate in Economics with specialization in Health Economics. She has been an active NSS Programme Officer for 11 years since 2008. She is currently the Member Secretary, Academic Council and Convener of NAAC of DDGD Vaishnav College. She has the pride of having guided 5 MA, 5 MBA and 35 M.Phil. projects. She has produced 3 Ph.D. Scholars and 6 under guidance.
Dr. T Augustine Arul Prasad, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry obtained his UG and PG degrees from Loyola College (Autonomous), Chennai, and Ph.D. from Presidency College (Autonomous), Chennai, and joined DDGD Vaishnav College in the year 2009. He has published 30 research articles in peer-reviewed journals and has co-authored two books. He had completed one minor project from UGC and guiding students for M.Phil. and Ph.D. (1 completed, 4 pursuing). He had also served as a camp officer for the ESE and coordinator for the student induction programs – SIP 2019, 2020 & 2021. He had served as a member of IQAC (2015 – 2018) in the recent past and took charge as coordinator in the year 2019. He is also a member of the NAAC committee, UGC Coordination Cell, and Academic council of DGVC since 2019.