About the Department
The M.A. English Department was started in June 2019. The Department offers an ideal balance between creativity and critical enquiry that would prepare students for an academic career as scholars and at the same time lay emphasis in literary analysis, creative work and other developing areas of enquiry with the help of its trained senior faculty. Thus students planning to enter professional or academic job front after graduation, would leave with skills expertise to communicate, collaborate and solve problems in an increasingly challenging culturual landscape.
The M.A. Department of English aims at offering a subtle balance between intellectual passion, creativity and critical enquiry to prepare students for a strong academic career, invigorate human relationship and to accept responsibility in the constantly changing scenario of life. This will facilitate students' entry to professional or academic job markets after course completion, with skills to enable them to communicate, collaborate and solve problems in a constantly changing cultural landscape.
- To impart quality English knowledge to students and facilitate a comprehensive and in-depth study of English literature.
- To provide updated and upgraded curriculum
- To help students develop a critical perspective to comprehend and analyze literature
- To research in specialized areas of knowledge pertaining to language and literature
Best Practices of the Department
- Industry-ready CVs - The students are all encouraged to formulate Industry-ready CVs so that they are ready to find place within the job market
- Songs - English songs are used as a tool to help students become well acquainted with the nuances of the English language and improve confidence
- Blogs/Vlogs - Students are encouraged to create blogs/vlogs to catalogue their interests
- Video Content - Video book reviews were used as evaluative tools to help students to understand the interface between the written word and the visual media
- ICT - Students encouraged to use ICT tools as parts of their evaluation to encourage them to become familiar with technology that will help them in the work space
- Collaborative Learning - Collaboration to study is actively encouraged and guided so that the students learn how to work within a team and negotiate team dynamics, an essential skill in any work space
- Teaching - Students encouraged to take up part time teaching jobs to help them gain experience in the art of teaching
Will be updated soon...
World Refugee Day
Talk on Gender Violance
Ph.D Viva Voce
Literary Limelight Club Performances in Voices
Students Conference on South Asian Women Writers
Symposium on Statelessness
Talk on Knowledge Management for the MA Students