About the Department
In the year of its inception in 1964, the college under the stewardship and the Principalship of Shri T.Totadri Iyengar, offered an Undergraduate course in Mathematics along with Pre-University courses. The University of Madras upgraded the department to the postgraduate status in the year 1980. M.Phil. course was introduced from the year 2001. It has highly qualified faculty members actively engaged in teaching, research and continuing educational programmes. By conducting seminars, conferences, webinars and workshops regularly, the department is providing the much needed exposure to the students for learning as well as doing research in their future. The recent initiative C^4: Chase, Crack, Conquer, CSIR NET free online coaching programme offered by the department has created big opportunity for Post Graduate and M.Phil. students to pass the CSIR NET exam successfully. The courses offered by the department enable students to prepare themselves to face the demands of the society and enable them to succeed as professionals in their respective domain. The department is planning to offer Ph.D. research programme at the earliest possible time.
To provide graduate students an opportunity to develop a deep understanding and enjoyment of mathematics, to carry out original research, to become effective teachers and communicators, and to prepare themselves for their future careers.
- To promote and support a comprehensive, innovative and dynamic learning environment
- To assist students in acquiring a conceptual understanding of the nature and structure of mathematics, its processes and applications.
- To establish an atmosphere of creative endeavor that supports interdisciplinary collaborations, innovative projects, significant research and informal discussions that mutually benefit students, faculty and community at large.
- B Sc (Mathemetics) - MAN & MPC : +2 Maths/Physics/ Chemistry Statistics/Computer Science
- B Sc (Mathemetics with Computer Applications) : +2 Maths/Physics/ Chemistry Statistics/Computer Science
- M Sc (Mathematics) : B.Sc., Mathematics
- M Phil : M.Sc., Mathematics
Conducting several events such as Webinars, NET online coaching, Guest Lectures towards enriching students for aspiring jobs and pursuing research.
Courses offered by the Department
|B.Sc. Mathamatics (MAP)
|B.Sc. Mathamatics (MPC)
Timetable for All Courses