About the Department:
The Department of MCA was started in the year 1987 with an objective to provide conducive ambience for learning management and career oriented subjects. The department has fine tune the curriculum by introducing specialized subjects by the requirements of the industry from time to time and to inculcate knowledge to the students in the field of information technology and current trends.
The objective of the department is to make the students technically talent in Information Technology field. The Department has tie up with IIT Mumbai (Spoken Tutorial Project) which offers certificate courses to help the students to gain exposure towards leading IT tools and languages which is a part of the curriculum to earn credits. The students are advised to enroll for online MOOC courses to gain knowledge. The hallmark of the department is regularly updating the curriculum in consultation with the IT experts who are members of Board of Studies (BOS) to introduce the current technologies prevailing in the market. This enhances our students to upgrade their skills for employment.
- To organize workshops at regular intervals to bridge the gap between the academia and industry.
- To enable the students to be industry ready by developing state-of-the–art curriculum in tune with industry requirements.
- To facilitate the students to excel in the challenging scenario by providing the necessary skill set
- To make students to understand the concepts using innovative teaching materials.
- Empower every student to be innovative, creative and productive in the domain of computer science by imparting quality education, developing skills and inculcating human values.
Best Practices of the Department:
- Excellent Infrastructure facilities
- Highly experienced and qualified faculty as per UGC norms
- In spite of takers for MCA course is very less across all colleges in Tamilnadu, the admission strength in this college is quite good.
- The placement record is satisfactory
- Periodical Guest lectures/Seminars/Workshops are organized to enhance the skill set of students.
- No cancellation of classes and all the hours are conducted even if faculty members are on leave. Substitution register is maintained. This has been a regular practice of the department for well over decades
- Parent-Teacher meetings are organized in regular intervals
- Students are undergoing MOOC courses and spoken tutorials
Head of the Department
Principal & Associate Professor
Seminar on Introduction to Cloud Computing and Cloud Services
International Workshop on Applications of IoT
Seminar on Introduction to Data Analytics
Guest Lecture on Introduction to Full Stack Development and Devops
Seminar on Soft/Behavioral Skills
Seminar on MySQL