A Brief Note on the Department of Sanskrit. The Sanskrit Department of our college has great legacy since 1964. It has been, headed by many eminent scholars like
Dr. A. Thiruvengadathan,
Dr. N. S. Satakopan,
Dr. L. Kumaraswamy etc. It is noteworthy to mention here that
Dr. A. Thiruvengadathan later served as Principal in this Institution.
Dr.L.Kumaraswamy served the department as faculty and Head from 1987 to 2014. Moreover many Sanskrit scholars like
Dr.L.Sampath Kumarhave served in this department in shift II.
- To enable the students to appreciate Ancient Indian Epics and Literature.
- To acquire values & traditions from Ancient Indian Literature.
- To increase student interest towards Sanskrit Language by implementing the required pedagogy.
- To generate student interest towards Sanskrit Media.
- To improve Sanskrit vocabulary & grammar skills to enable students to read Ancient Literature effortlessly.
MissionThe Department of Sanskrit aims to be one of the best departments of Sanskrit in TamilNadu . It will be the endeavor of the Department to provide proper grounding to students in areas like literature, linguistics, philosophy, poetics etc. Over the next few years, the department plans to start many new initiatives, activities and programmes for the benefit of the students and development of the department. The Department of Sanskrit intends to classify the objectives into Academic objectives,Infrastructure Development Objectives & Other Objectives.
- To frame a curriculum that for the benefit of the students.
- Updating and revising the curriculum at regular intervals.
- To introduce diploma & certificate courses on Sanskrit Grammar & Sloka Chanting.
- The department intends to impart teaching in sanskrit medium to facilitate easy understanding among students.
- Imparting education in Sanskrit medium will be a unique speciality of the department of Sanskrit.
- To organize conferences / seminars / workshops on various topics of academic interest for the benefit of the students.
The Department of Sanskrit aims to be one of the best departments of Sanskrit in Tamil Nadu. It will be the endeavour of the Department to provide proper grounding to students in areas like literature, linguistics, philosophy, poetics Sanskirt shastras etc. Over the next few years, the department plans to start many new initiatives, activities and programmes for the benefit of the students and development of the department.
Dr. V. Sowmyanarayanan, M.A., B.Ed., M.Phil., Ph.D.Head of the Department
Dr. V. Balaji, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., SETAssistant Professor - Part Time
Dr. B. Keshava Prapanna Pandey, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.Assistant Professor - Part Time
Dr. S. Narasimhan, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.Assistant Professor
Courses offered by the Department
- Foundation course in Sanskrit
|Foundation course in Sanskrit||Download|
Will be updated soon...
Timetable will be available soon
Will be updated soon...