About the Department
The department of B.Com (Bank Management) was established in June 1997. Prof. V. Padmanaban headed the department when it was established and was later successfully and efficiently managed by his successors- Prof. B.Santhanam , Prof. S.Balasubramaniam, Dr. N.Kalyanaraman, Dr. M.R.Vasudevan ,Dr. R.Ganesan and Dr. J.Jayasankar.Since June 2019,the department is headed by Dr.B.Vijayakumar.The Department of Bank Management offers a three year Bachelors’ degree course in Bank Management. Seventy students are admitted each year. Due to high demand, a second section was started from the year 2019.Right now the department has a student strength of 350.A student who has studied Commerce and Accountancy in their Higher Secondary course are eligible to join. Subjects in the programme are consciously selected for the course so as to focus attention both on the theoretical and practical side of banking.
A thorough understanding of the following subjects, included in the curriculum, would enable the student to gain in-depth knowledge of the banking sector:
- Theory of Money & Banking
- Banking Theory, Law & Practice
- Banking Advances
- Financial Services & Bancassurance
- Marketing of Banking Services
- Banking Technology & Personality Skills
The course, thus, prepares a student to master the field of banking.
- To emerge as an eminent world class department in the area of banking and finance.
- To serve the nation by empowering students with value based education.
- To provide holistic education with degree of skill, knowledge, competence and ethics to students.
- To promote learning through practical hands-on experience.