About the Department
Tourism has emerged as one of the largest industries in the World today. It is an industry which can easily change the economic scenario of a country. Tourism can contribute significantly where other commercial activities are limited. Tourist movements have spread across the globe, becoming for many of them an important sector in terms of employment generation and foreign exchange earnings. The department of Tourism and Travel Management was established in the year 2015. The department offers Undergraduate programme (UG –B.A.) in Tourism and Travel Management. The duration of the programme is for three years (6 semesters) and it leads to an initial professional university degree qualification. The Programme is designed in such a way that class room training is reinforced with on-the-job industrial exposure so as to sufficiently hone the skills and techniques learnt. The programme attracts students from various streams giving them the highest quality academic and practical learning. Strong links with the tourism and hospitality industry, high standards of teaching, and work placements gives the graduates a wide choice of options for successful careers in the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality sector.
ObjectiveThe objective of the programme is to build the applicant toward the following;
- Develop skills for managing different functional divisions of tourism and related sector effectively
- Understand the components and to acquire knowledge and information pertaining to of the industry
- Acquire practical skills in all the major arenas of the industry
- Prepare and make aware with the industry Management skills of the era Enhance the competency in the culture and behavior in the sub sectors of the industry Build Entrepreneurial skills
- The idea behind the whole academic exercise is to make students business inclined. The ability to question and challenge the traditional models can only come through such an endeavour.
A degree Programme in Tourism and Travel Management raises an opportunity for many students to select tourism as their career. This would definitely raise good manpower, entrepreneurs and researchers which are essential for the sustainable development of tourism. The Programme has been designed to bridge the gap of availability of trained manpower for the Tourism industry. The broad mission of the Programme is to create professional managers, leaders and researchers in the tourism/hospitality industry. After successful completion of the Programme, the students should be competent to work in tour operation companies, travel agencies, Travel departments of corporate firms, Hospitality sector, Airlines, Cruise ships, Transport operators, Government agencies, Academics, Research, Consultancies, NGOs etc. Above all, the Programme encourages entrepreneurship also.
India has been gearing up to achieve significant progress in tourism, owing to a number of encouraging factors. Our country has a vast and unique geographical spread along with a great historical and cultural heritage, which are excellent conditions for growth in this sector. Bearing this in mind, we envision the following
- The Tourism and travel Department and its candidates shall be a catalyst for sustained tourism growth and development
- To be a leader in development of professionals in all sectors of tourism and travel industry
- Optimise the tourism potential of the State and the country in a sustainable manner Leading sustainable tourism development for inclusive economic growth in the State and the country
- To work closely and proactively with the industry to address the need of the highly skilled manpower
Courses offered by the Department
- Tourism and Travel Management
|Tourism and Travel Management||Download|
Will be updated soon...
Timetable for All Courses
Will be updated soon...