About the Department
The Department of Data Science(B.Sc.) was established in the year 2022 to motivate and prepare the next generation of practitioners and researchers with equal appreciation for a data-centric world and human values, with the capability to securely store and distribute the data, innovate tools and techniques for efficient data visualization for supporting business ecosystems.
- Educate students in a field that has ushered in a once-in-a-generation revolution, comparable to the industrial revolution and the original computing revolution.
- Provide an environment for leading edge research that has a strong and rapid impact on the economy and that reestablishes New Jersey as a world leader in technological advancement.
- Create a source of scholarship on the many technical, ethical, and privacy issues that ubiquitous data creation is constantly confronting us with.
- Establish a center of technology knowledge and a "go to organization" to service data creators, providers, managers, curators, and users of the State and the Nation.
- The data revolution has created novel challenges and unprecedented opportunities. The vision of the Department of Data Science is to create a first-class academic department that trains the next generation of students as data scientists who will solve these grand challenges and innovate through world-class research to take advantage of these opportunities.
Best Practices of the Department
- ICT enabled teaching learning
- Teachers participation in faculty development, syllabus restructuring, evaluation, examination reforms etc.
- Holistic student centric practices
- Mentor Mentee system
- Organizing workshops, Seminars and Certificate Courses
- Seminars and Presentations as a part of the Curriculum
- The Department creates cultural cohesiveness which shares the values, ethics and right level of engagement
- Syllabus of the department is upgraded at par to the industry
- Induction programme is organized every year for the students
- Parents-Teachers Interaction is organized systematically
- Encouraging students to attend NPTEL course organized by Government of India
- Organizing workshops and guest lectures on latest technologies and tools by inviting people from Industry
- Training on Soft skills & Professional Skills
- Student feedback system on Academic and Non-Academic Reforms
- Subject-wise Attendance Grading & its inclusion in Marks for improvement in regularity.
- Remedial coaching
Student Induction Programme - Day 1
Student Induction Programme - Day 2
Student Induction Programme - Day 3
Parents - Teachers Meeting
Data Science Quiz
Department Saraswathi Pooja
Faculty Development Programme
Node JS Workshop
Online Student Summit
Practicum on Data Visualisation