About the Department
The College was founded in the year 1964. The Department of Hindi was also co founded in the same year. The combination of Hindi played a vital role in the components of the student study pattern. The Department of Hindi has achieved new hights and brought in a new flavor to the college academics. The Department of Hindi has successfully presented 12 Ph.D Degrees and 5 M.Phil degrees in the last 13 years under the guidence of Dr. H.N.Pandey ( Former Head of the Department). We hope to produce and present more such Degrees and also hope to achive more heights.
The Department of Hindi, D.G.Vaishnav college is a centre for Hindi learning in chennai city. It has a glorious tradition of teaching Hindi for the last five decades. Hindi teaching and promotion of Hindi were two major issues in city like chennai and all Hindi teachers were actively involved in the case.
As for us Extracurricular activities are concerned our Department has "DARPAN" Hindi Association meant for encouraging the student to take part in extra curricular activities. Students themselves conducted an Intercollagiate competition every year where all the college students in chennai will participate. The Department of Hindi also organizes seminars and workshops on regular basis in various themes every year.
The Department of Hindi aims at providing teaching and research facilities in Hindi, keeping in the view the changing social norms, communication patterns, different social roles of language in our society and fast changing social values in our time. while drawing up the syllabus, sufficient cars has been taken to cater to the above needs. It has been kept flexible enough to in corporate various requirements of the students in the context of contemporary society. Special attention is also given to the regional and comprehensive studies of language and literature.
- To update and revising the curriculum at regular intervals for the benefit of the students.
- Develop language skill (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Develop the ability to use the Hindi language effectively for the purpose of practical communication.
- The Department of Hindi aims to be one of the best departments of Hindi in Tamilnadu. The department of Hindi is looking forward to develop excellent proficiency in the Hindi Language. The department of Hindi envisions inspiring and preparing a generation of youth in Chennai city to use natural talent and to inculcate a sense of integrity, humanity and civic sensibility among them though awareness towards study of literature as an art form.
- The department plans to start many new initiatives, activities and programs for the benefit of the students and development of the department.
|Academic Activity 2020-2021