About the Department
The Department of B.A English was started in the year 2013. The course is structured in such a way that students can gain knowledge as well as unleash their creative capabilities. The department revised the syllabus in 2017-18 to enhance the career choices for the students. Journalism is offered as an elective and Non- Major Electives like Advertising and Public Relations, Communication: Broadcasting & Telecasting expose and train the students to acquire skills in these diverse fields. The department also offers English for Career to improve the students communication skills and ensure their employability. Students are encouraged to participate in various academic, cultural and sporting events.
- To impart knowledge and skills in various aspects of English Language and Literature
- To rouse intellectual curiosity in the minds of the students.
- To develop competency in the language and enable students emerge confident users of the language
- To instill values and ethics, groom their personality and enable them emerge as empathetic and humane individuals.
- To constantly update and revise the syllabus, so as to be relevant and contemporary.
- To impart quality English knowledge to students and facilitate a comprehensive and in-depth study of English literature.
- To provide updated and upgraded curriculum
- To help students develop a critical perspective to comprehend and analyze literature
- To research in specialized areas of knowledge pertaining to language and literature
Best Practices of the Department
- Experiential Learning –Students were encouraged to interpret the text through AV presentations, enacting a play, mime and adaptation that enhance their learning experience
- Best Practices – Workshop conducted on Reporting and Writing as well as translation as a follow up activity
- Students were asked to translate any piece of literary work from their mother tongue to English language. They selected poem, prose and short stories, in order to practically apply the theory of translation studies.
- Spotlight – A journal was created by the students, wherein all the articles and poems by the students were included.
- Spectra – A newsletter has been created by the students of the English Department. It includes poems, crossword, literary quiz, graffiti, trivia, book reviews and movie reviews. It encourages students to express their creative self and it acts as a platform for the youth.
|Department Prospectus 2021-2022