About the Department:
With the blessing of Lord Almighty, the Department of Sociology was started in the year 2015 with an aim of providing conducive ambience for learning Sociology. Our vision is to encourage our students, our colleagues, and the community we live in to foster a greater awareness and understanding of the social issues and sociological forces that affect us all. To achieve our Vision, our Mission is to generate knowledge, build stronger communities and promote understanding of social forces. Our commitment is to superior, quality teaching which will propel students into a lifelong search for greater knowledge and understanding of our social world. Our introductory and upper-division courses will encourage students to “think sociologically.” Our students will expand their knowledge and critical thinking, hone analytic skills, and learn to use sociological tools to understand complex social issues, patterns of social structure, and the interplay between biography and history within their program of study and their everyday lives. Together with our students we aspire to be active contributors to sociological knowledge by engaging in scientific research, using accepted sociological theories and methods.
- The department is planning to organize quality improvement and creating awareness by means of organizing programmes, field visits and workshops. With the help of the programmes to make them academic excellence, team work, equity, creativity and community services.
- The Sociology Department provides a high quality, inclusive educational experience that challenges and prepares students to become engaged and effective members of their communities
- To engages in interesting and relevant scholarship; and interacts regularly with stakeholders from wider communities, producing valuable public sociology.
- The vision of the department is to provide quality oriented teaching that may bring out the potentiality of the students. The faculties of the Sociology Department are united in seeking to provide a high quality educational program for our undergraduate. Sociology classes are rigorous, inclusive, inspiring, and well connected to the world outside the classroom. We seek to equip students with a sound academic foundation that helps them to question critically, think logically, communicate clearly, act resourcefully, and live ethically.
Best Practices of the Department
- Creating awareness to the students about the main social issues.
Seminar on Constitution
Workshop on Self Development