About the Department
The Department of Economics Shift – II offers the under-graduate programme i.e. B.A. in Economics under the unaided stream. The department instructs the students on the fundamental Economic theories, orients them on their application to real world phenomenon and constantly keeps them abreast of current economic affairs. The department is endowed with highly qualified and committed teachers who take all efforts and adopt appropriate methods to transform the students into active learners, thinkers and scholars in Economics. The department has the uniqueness of helping the students wade through the ocean of economics in a very simple, methodical, engaging and lively manner. This is done by adopting a myriad of pedagogical tools like Guest Lectures, Panel discussions and Industrial visits in addition to the traditional chalk and talk method. ‘Adaptation to the Times’ is the key mantra of the department. In keeping with this motto, during the pandemic affected academic year 2020-2021, online classes were conducted for the students in full swing through Google Classrooms with audio visual aids such as PPT, Renderforest etc. On the extra-curricular front the department also conducts Annual Intra departmental and Inter departmental events such as Farm Fest, Fusion, Annual socio economic survey and Field visit
- To excel in both, the science and art of Economics education, social science research and analysis by empowering students with strong theoretical and practical knowledge.
- To educate students with the foundation principles of core and allied disciplines of Economics.
- To provide practical and creative skills for problem solving and optimizing decisions in the ever dynamic economic world.
- To inculcate strong personal, technical, analytical, entrepreneurial and leadership skills.
- To impart knowledge in lifelong learning, professional ethics and contribution to the society.
Best Practices of the Department
- Taking remedial classes for slow learners
- Community Outreach program - Helping those who help us
- Involving the department in go green movement
- Topical field visits by the students and the faculties to have in depth knowledge about the issues
Will be updated soon...