Ragging is totally prohibited in SOM and anyone found guilty of ragging is liable to be punished for the same.
ANTI- RAGGING MEASURE
(Direction by University of Madras, Chennai dt. 14/06/2010)
The issues related to ragging can be represented in the written form and posted in the box provided in the Department Library. The Director / Principal upon the receipt of any complaint will convene and discuss the matter with the Ragging redressal committee. The complaints would be addressed by the Ragging redressal committee and necessary action would be taken immediately. (NOTE: The identity of the complaint will be kept confidential)
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE OF SOM, CHENNAI FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2020 – 2021
|Dr.S.Santhosh Baboo, Principal||044-23635101|
|Lt.Mr.Somasundara Ori||98411 74462|
|Inspector of Police, Arumbakkam||044-23631220|
MECHANISM / NORMS & PROCEDURES FOR GRIEVANCE / REDRESSAL CELL
- A grievance box is provided in the Common Library for the common grievance.
- One box is kept in the Department library for Grievance issues.
- All issues are solved with the Grievance Cell in charge and solved immediately. If the nature of the grievance required Director's attention it will be taken to the Director without delay and solved immediately.
- Monthly meetings amongst Director & Faculty to discuss issues of Academics, Administration, feedbacks, and grievances if any.
- Meeting of Governing Bodies & Director once in six months duration.
- Direct access of Faculty and Students to the Director. No timings have been laid down. Thus all problems are attended to with due urgency, irrespective of the quantum of issues.
- Major issues are brought to the notice of Governing body for appropriate decisions.